Selected by Travel + Leisure’s global readership of avid travellers, the prestigious annual awards honour the top travel destinations, hotels and companies worldwide.
From an all-suite oasis set within the ancient walls of Marrakech’s old city, to a luxury high-rise Miami Beach hotel, the independent, luxury collection’s award recipients were represented in 35 destinations worldwide. Nine premier #1 spots were awarded to members in destination-specific categories, including:
• The Lowell (New York, NY, United States) – Top 10 New York City City Hotels
• The Setai (Miami Beach, FL, United States) – Top 10 Greater Miami Beach Resort Hotels
• J.K. Place Firenze (Florence, Italy) – Top 10 Europe City Hotels & Top 5 Florence City Hotels
• The Lanesborough (London, England) – Top 10 London City Hotels
• La Réserve Paris Hotel and Spa (Paris, France) – Top 10 Paris City Hotels
• J.K. Place Roma (Rome, Italy) – Top 5 Rome City Hotels
• Tivoli Palácio De Seteais (Sintra, Portugal) – Top 3 Spain & Portugal Resort Hotels
• Royal Mansour Marrakech (Marrakech, Morocco) – Top 10 Africa City Hotels
“It is a wonderful accomplishment for so many of our member hotels to be recognized in the 2019 Travel + Leisure’s World’s Best Awards,” said Shannon Knapp, Interim CEO, The Leading Hotels of the World.
“It is a true testament to our hoteliers’ commitment to independent hotel keeping and their unparalleled ability to craft distinct experiences that they are consistently acknowledged in these coveted awards year after year.
“Congratulations to all of our honoured members whose individuality and personalized service create unforgettable memories for Travel + Leisure’s readers and worldwide travellers.”